Thursday, December 27, 2012

Morning Inspiration

One great thing about my job is being able to work from home on occasion.  Today I am only working a half-day and got a late start because of a creative inspiration.   I had seen a beautiful heart shaped card at Do Stamping .   Dawn even has a video on how to make the cute card but I just went out on my own :-)

When grabbing the Whisper White card stock I saw a stack of Crumb Cake 1/4 sheets I had cut for a project at church and had a bunch left over.  So in trying to use up some of them, I tried a Crumb Cake vintage heart. 
 

Since I did not watch Dawn's video, I 'guessed' on the sizes for the hearts and actually had the second heart too large so the little interlocked one is off the edge a bit.  Looks okay but had to try again.  Also, I sponged after embossing with Soft Suede. 


So, here is my second attempt.  This time I inked up the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder with Soft Suede and went much quicker.   These are flat cards - no fold or opening - and the embossing makes the paper a little flimsy so I cut a plain heart of Crumb Cake and used it as backing. Then I can sign or write a note on the back.   And I reversed this one putting the sentiment on the right side. 

Then - - I got another idea-----

Since I was using a plain heart for the backing, why not leave an opening to insert some money or a small candy bar.  And I changed up the sentiment thinking I might use these for my Sunday School class for Valentine's treats.    I used the Trust God stamp set on this one. 

But--- most of my class is boys and Jr High boys might not be into "vintage".  So tried this....


a little less frilly.  I used the square lattice and reversed the inking for the background heart.  I actually inked both sides of the embossing folder so I would not have to think too hard.  

So - I think I will use up most of the Crumb Cake pieces making these for my 6 students.  What to put inside ???  They all seem to love Butterfingers :-)

No comments: