Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day - fun in the craft room

It's Christmas Day and I'm in the craft room.  DH is working.  DD2 is playing with her new Sims game and DD1 and SIL are coming over later.  I'm loving the time to be creative since I haven't done much of that lately.

First on my 'to-do' list is a Keepsake Box.  It has been so long since making one of these that I had to look up the directions - glad I have an online tutorial on that.



This one will be filled with 20 cards and donated to a local silent auction.  I used some old DSP called Raspberry Tart.  I don't have a lot of 12 x 12 solid card stock any more (need to place another order :) and the Regal Rose went well with this paper. 

While I had the DSP and coordinating card stock on my work table, I made some anniversary cards.  Was running low on those so searched the SU demonstrators site for ideas.  Never short on ideas there!



On this one I used a new embossing folder that will be in the spring catalog - Honeycomb.  Love it!  Can't wait to play with it some more.


I added a little honeycomb edge to the inside of the card too.


 This uses a couple other designs in the DSP pack.   The stamp is from the Trust God set.


 
This one could be a fun one to give.  I imagine putting in something like Remember when we thought we knew what love was..... we had no idea!   Or remember when our hair was thick and our waistlines thin.  Times have changed.
 
 
This was a fun one.  I pierced the base paper with the new piercing templates - hearts within hearts - but after adding all the cut out hearts it really doesn't show up. 
 

This one uses the same colors but looks more orange in the photo.  Don't know why -- maybe the Night of Navy has something to do with that :-) 
 
 

And while I was at it, I made a birthday card based on one I saw that I liked. 
 
Lots of fun - and need to do some more but that will have to wait until later.  I need to get some things ready for tonight. 
 
Merry Christmas Everyone!



No comments: