Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Treats

This is a candy holder I made for some friends as thank you's for what they do through the year.  Not big and fancy - but just a little token that they are appreciated.
 I used some scraps of Jolly Holiday from several years ago - have almost used all of it.    The card stock folds and overlaps with the ribbon through both layers to hold it together.

And when you open it - some Doves candies.   I had a hard time deciding what 'flavor' of Dove candies to use so wound up putting a variety in each - Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate and Milk Chocolate.

I found the idea here  - Scrapmaster's Paradise Birthday Candy Box  She includes the dimensions and instructions.   I only cover the flap with the DSP (had some small pieces to use up) and used the slot punch (retired) to make the holes for the ribbon.    I wrote a short note inside the bottom flap using the gold dazzle marker from the holiday catalog. 

No comments: