Saturday, March 17, 2012

New Technique - Reflections

Some awesome cards using the 'reflections' technique that I will be teaching Thursday night 3/22. If you are interested, stop on by. We start at 6:30 p.m. and it is a come and go type party. Come any time before 8 p.m. and stay just as long as you need to. $5.00 covers all supplies - you get the instruction sheet, and a sample to display on it - with a sheet protector so you can put all your techniques in a binder. And you get to make this beautiful card.

These cards all use the Lovely as a Tree stamp set. I wanted to use some different green and blue since I use Wild Wasabi and Bashful Blue a lot. Also lately have been using Pool Party and Island Indigo. So went with Marina Mist and Always Artichoke. I stamped the images on Whisper White or Glossy White using Stazon Jet Black ink. The ribbon is Always Artichoke seam binding.


This is one of the Glossy White ones. I placed it on a So Saffron card base.


Here I added a sunny little So Saffron circle. Adds a bit of 'wow' to the card, don't you think?


Another sunny day card. I think this one is my favorite.


And one more, this one is also on Glossy White card stock.

I have some ideas for using the Oval Embossed frames like a mirror - have to play with that this afternoon maybe.

And while I am playing with this technique, supper is cooking away in the crockpot.


Corned beef, cabbage, red potatoes and jumbo carrots. (Yes those are carrots - and there really is a corned beef brisket under all those veggies!) I am going to try some Irish Soda Bread too.

No comments: