Saturday, March 31, 2012

Roasted Vegetables



One of the best things about the days I work from home is the 'lunch'. I get tired of the salads and leftovers I take for lunch when I go to the office - and look forward to doing something a little different at home.
Yesterday I tried some roasted vegetables to use up some of the produce I still have from the last delivery.



I took a Weight Watchers recipe and made some modifications to fit the quantity and type of veggies that I had on hand. I liked this recipe because you roast the potatoes first and they get nice and crispy.


Roasted Vegetables

1 1/2 lb small red potatoes (cut in 1/4 or 1/8 - bite size pieces)
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 medium zucchini
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 medium red onion
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp thyme
1/8 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to 450.
Cut up the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Pour olive oil over and toss to coat. Spread on a baking sheet (I lined it with aluminum foil).



Place in oven and bake about 15 minutes.
Cut the remaining vegetables into bite size pieces. Place in large bowl and add the cooked potatoes. Mix together the seasonings and add to vegetables mixture, stirring to mix.



Spread on baking sheet and bake about 25 minutes longer.

Delicious!

No comments: