Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sail Away once more

I sat down intending to duplicate some of the cards I made for Operation Write Home using the Sail Away stamp - but kept getting more ideas for different cards. So far I have made about 20 of these and no two are the same :-) The colors on all of these are Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso and Basic Gray. The DSP is Nautical Expedition. The thin fiber on some of the cards is Baker's Twine. THe DSP , stamp and twine are all in the Summer Mini Catalog which begins on May 1. The ribbon is the 1 1/4 inch striped grosgrain in Real Red. The twine is something I had on hand from before Stampin Up. The brads are Pewter and part of the Metallic set.
The Happy Birthday is from the Punch Bunch set from Sale-a-bration.


The 'happy birthday' is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.


I got this idea from the summer mini. I did two images - one on Crumb Cake and one on Very Vanilla. I cut out the body of the boat and the sails from the Very Vanilla and mounting them on the Crumb Cake image by cutting dimensionals into small pieces. I cut too much off the top so could not finish it the way it was pictured in the catalog. So I will have to try that again :-)



I lined the inside of the Early Espresso card with a piece of Very Vanilla. I made a sailboat watermark on that using Versamark ink. I can't wait until May 1 so I can do workshops with this stamp and these great products!


No comments: