Friday, April 15, 2011

I've been playing with Stampin Up's fabric and trying to incorporate that into some of my cards. It has been fun! Here are some of the cards I made - but have to save the one I like best because we will do it at the April club and I don't want them to see everything before our get together :-) The fabric is Candy Cane Christmas and was in the Holiday mini catalog but was held over so you can still order it and the Deck the Halls fabric too. I would have never combined these colors but that is what is on the fabric so I tried it, Garden Green, Baja Breeze and Blushing Bride. The stamp set is Elizabeth.
This uses the Pick A Petal and Thank You Kindly stamp sets. I used Cherry Cobbler and Bashful Blue. The striped piece is the fabric.


This is the new Four Frames stamp set. You can order it in April if you place a $20 order. It will come out in the new catalog in July.


And this did not turn out the way I thought it would but I like it. I layered the tiny polka dot fabric (You can barely see it in the lower right of the card) between Baja Breezse card stock and Vellum card stock. I then ran that through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder. The stamp set is Vintage Vogue. I cut out the flowers and curled the petals with the paper piercing tool. The ribbon is Blushing Bride. I used the retired slit punch to make openings in the top layer so I could run the ribbon across and tie a bow without covering the image. These are not colors that I would use but I think I will have to use them more.

No comments: