Saturday, April 16, 2011

Attempting Bargello

I have known of Bargello for a long time. It is a needlepoint stitch that I have tried in the past - but I had never attempted it with paper before this week. I used some of the Fall Flowers Designer Series Paper that is retired and I had purchased from the Clearance Rack (a great way to get discounted products and many still work with the current colors). I set out to use up the last scraps of that paper and had one fairly good size piece that was striped - so why not try Bargello. For those who have not tried there is a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers. It shows using wider strips of paper but I prefer the narrow ones because it looks more like the needlepoint designs.

For these cards I used Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Sahara Sand and Really Rust (retired) card stock. The ribbon is retired Kraft (Crumb Cake) taffeta. It is not an exact color match but looks good with the other colors. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes. The owl stamp is from It's The Thought (retired) and I think I will use this as a graduation card. Hopefully everyone is a little wiser at graduation.


So - having tried that I pulled out some more of my stash of Designer Series Paper (DSP) and played some more.


This card was made using the Sunny Garden.


Thoroughly Modern (retired) also makes some interesting cards.


Blueberry Crisp has some lovely striped paper - the striped paper works best for this technique.



Tall Tales (retired) made some nice backgrounds. I'll be making more of these.


Jolly Holiday worked well and made a nice background and isn't just for Christmas. I think this paper was called Tea Party. It made some nice cards - perfect for Easter!


The Technique Tuesday in May will feature the Bargello technique - won't you join us? May 17.

1 comment:

Jill said...

These are really pretty!