Monday, February 15, 2010

Using up scraps

I challenged myself to use up some of my scraps today. I went through half of my paper (Soft Subtles and Earth Elements) and pulled out all the scrap pieces and went to town. This first one was really a challenge since orange is not a color I use very often. The DSP for the vase (punched using the Christmas ornament) and the background are from the Razzleberry Lemonade collection. The card stock is Pumpkin Pie and Very Vanilla. The stamp set is Bella's Bloom. I used Rich Razzleberry and Always Artichoke ink pads for the flower. I also used the ticket corner and scallop oval punches.

This is the Mojo Monday this week. I just received the Tall Tales paper so had to try something with it. The card stock is all from the scraps. I used Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, So Saffron and Whisper White. The stamp set is Animal Stories (The happy birthday stamp is pre-SU). I used the Scallop Edge and the Scallop Circle punches.

The rest of the cards were 'inspired' by DOStamping with Dawn. When you purchase this stamp set called Very Thankful, a donation is made to the Ronald McDonald House Charities. I used Garden Green, Melon Mambo and Certainly Celery card stock - on a Sahara Sand base. The ribbon is Old Olive. I colored the stamp with the Watercolor Pencils and a blender pen. The ribbon is Old Olive.

This flower thank you uses the Tall Tales DSP and card stocks So Saffron, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, and Sahara Sand. This is also the Very Thankful stamp set. The ribbon is Chocolate Chip.

Who can resist this kid ? This is also a Very Thankful stamp. I used the Pumpkin Pie card stock on a Very Vanilla base. The DSP is Razzleberry Lemonade.

This peacock is two-toned using Mellow Moss and Tempting Turquoise. I inked it with the Mellow Moss then took the Tempting Turquoise stamp pad and rubbed the corner on the tail. The card stock is Mellow Mos and Tempting Turquoise. I used the Scallop Edge punch. The ribbon is Tempting Turquoise and the slide is from the Hodgepodge Hardware set.

2 comments:

~~Rhonda said...

Cute cards, Mary! Looks like a fun project. I haven't scrapped or made cards for ages. Except for the invites for the open house. I need to find the counter in the scraproom first! ~~Rhonda

cavmary said...

If you ever need anything let me know - I am a SU demonstrator now and would be happy to place an order or show you new products.