Saturday, February 13, 2010

Flowers are blooming :-)

Not really :-) But I am ready for spring - so I made some of my own flowers indoors. These are on a scrapbook page that I put together this morning. The card stock used was Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White. I used the Razzleberry Lemonade designer series paper, the Little Flowers stamp set and punches, 5-petal Flower and Trio Flower. The flower centers were stamped with Crushed Curry.

Here is the two page layout with the flowers in the corner. This will be one of the page sets in a scrapbook I am making for DD's wedding in June.

While I was playing last night with the Colorful Bride paper - I had fun with some more flowers. This one used the Trio Flower punch as well as the round corner and ticket corner punches. The stamp sets are Thoughts and Prayers (another favorite!) and Teeny Tiny Wishes (don't know what I would do without that one!) The inks are Ruby Red and Mellow Moss. Ribbon is Very Vanilla.

And another Colorful Bride floral card. The Bride paper here was inked with Garden Green. The ribbon is Mellow Moss with a slide from the Hodgepodge Hardware set. I used Mellow Moss and Ruby Red for the stamps. Other card stock used are Creamy Caramel and Very Vanilla. The stamp sets used were Thoughts and Prayers (told you it was a favorite) and Bella's Bloom.

I just had to try this with the Ornament punch. The vase is punched from the Rose Red inked Bride paper using the Ornament punch. I punched along one side so the 'tip' of the ornament was off the paper. The stamp set is Bella's Bloom. Card stock used was Rose Red, Garden Green and Very Vanilla. I used the Rose Red and Garden Green Stampin' Write pens to ink the stamps. In addition to the Ornament punch I used the Scallop Border (from the Mini Occasions catalog), the Wide Oval and the Scallop Oval.

Now, if I could just see some spring flowers peek up out of the snow.........

No comments: