Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lunch Time Fun

Took a lunch break from working online and tried a new technigue. I had pieces of the Bride specialty paper from Stampin Up left over from the card party Friday evening so thought I would try something different with it. You can only use so much white frilly paper on cards :-)


I used my brayer and applied ink to the Bride paper - I think it looks great. I also saw the alternative to tying a bow and wanted to try using the brad and a piece of ribbon. The card is made of Sahara Sand card stock layered with a piece of crimped Creamy Caramel card stock, the Bride paper inked with Always Artichoke and then a strip of Creamy Caramel with a scalloped edge. The ribbon is Always Artichoke. The brad is not from Stampin Up - I had it in my pre-SU stash.
Here are all the colors I played with :-) Almost every SU ink pad that I have. Each one is prettier than the one before.

Earlier today I played with the Swing card trying to come up with a masculine card that was 'different'. This one uses Elegant Eggplant, More Mustard and Soft Suede card stock. I used Elegant Eggplant ink to sponge the edges of the center rectangles and to stamp the sentiment.
I used the Wide and Small oval punches and the Designer Label punch. The mat behind the Soft Suede Wide oval is made by putting two Designer labels side by side so that they overlap. A neat idea I found online.

The ribbon is from the Stampin Up collection Orchard Ribbon Originals. It is an Elegant Eggplant rick rack. The brads are some I had pre-SU. I left the inside rectangle blank so I can add a note when I send it.

Well, back to work !

No comments: