Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Purple and brown

I read somewhere (or someone told me) that children's clothing has good color combinations to use for making cards. Well, I don't know about clothing but a set of flannel crib sheets at a baby shower last night inspired these cards. The sheets had polka dots in 2 shades of purple and 2 shades of brown. It's sad, but when I saw them I thought, Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa :-)

I came straight home and put this card together Then all day thought about how I could do something with a scallop ruffle in these colors. I love the scallop ruffle and it is so easy!!!!
So tonight I did this one. I can't wait for my Stampin' Up order to get here. I used up the last of my Close to Cocoa and almost the last of my Chocolate Chip - or I might have kept making more of the purple and brown cards.
Here is a hostess gift that we made at our family Stampin Up club on Saturday. It is very simple yet a nice little gift. The snowflake scallops are adhered to peppermint patties - there are 8 in the box.
This morning I put together this one ( in under 20 minutes while Tom was in the shower). I just have to dig out some autumn colored ribbon and I have a thank you gift for the neighbors that took DD18 into their home when she got locked out of the house last week. She was barefoot and they loaned her a pair of socks. The socks are washed and ready to go back so I will have her take this little treat and a thank you card when she returns them.
You could make this for any season or holiday - hearts for Valentine's, Easter bunny or egg stamps for Easter, flowers for spring, sun stamps for summer, Patriotic for July 4th, on and on. I think I will keep this one handy and will use it for any Stampin Up clubs I get going next year.

No comments: