Friday, August 3, 2012

Step it Up cards

I have always wanted to do a progressive type card workshop, starting with something very basic and simple and then 'step it up' to something a little more interesting.  I have a new club starting tomorrow and two of the ladies have never done cardmaking so I thought here is my chance.



This is the started card.  Basic cutting and stamping.  I used the Word Play stamp set.  The DSP is bright and colorful, isn't it?

This is the "Step it up" card.  A little bit more dimension and color with some embellishing.  Added a little sponging around the white rectangle for some added interest.


And here I took it up another notch.  Added more DSP and some punches.  I really like the eyelet trim border with the polka dot band of DSP.  I think I will make several of these to put in my own card box. Maybe I will experiment with some different color combos.

Looking forward to sharing what I love tomorrow with two new friends :-)

No comments: