Saturday, June 18, 2011

Technique Tuesday

This month's Technique Tuesday ( June 21) will be Faux Silk. This is the card we will be making.

The technique uses tissue paper and I have a bunch of tissue paper in various colors so tried a piece of orange that went well with Peach Parfait.


I stamped the flowers in Cajun Craze and Early Espresso. The card stock used is Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze and Peach Parfait. The colors are so vivid on this - I love it!



I've also been playing with the Stampin Pastels. I don't use them much so I forced myself to do a few things with them today. This was stamped on vellum and then sponged on the pastels.


This is the Poppin Pastels method. Using Versamark ink, stamp the image on card stock and then sponge on the pastels. It really does pop - can't tell that from the photo.



For this card I stamped the leaves (have I mentioned how excited I am that this set is in the catalog - I love it!) on Very Vanilla card stock. Then I sponged on the pastels in autumn colors - just smeared them around in the background.

No comments: