Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day

Our church has a Mother's Day tea every year and this year we have some special guests. I was asked to make some Mother's Day cards for them.


Of course, I jumped at the excuse to play with my toys (like I need one!)

This is what I came up with. I had played with embossed vellum when I was designing cards with fabric and really liked the effect of the embossed vellum layered on a piece of card stock.

You can see my original card in this blog entry.

It is a great way to get a subdued shade of the color. These cards all use the Vintage Vogue stamp set, Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, pearl jewels, Modern label punch, Word Window punch, Slit punch (retired), Square Lattice embossing folder and the IN color ribbons.




This one is Peach Parfait and River Rock.



This one is Poppy Parade and Pear Pizzazz.




This one is Blushing Bride and Baja Breeze.

This is a great way to make lots of cards - choose a design and try different color combinations.



And it wouldn't be Mother's Day without my babies :-) Here they are in 1992 - one of my favorite pictures.



We don't get many pictures of just the three of us - but this one is from last spring. I loved them as little girls - but love them even more as the beautiful young women they have become. They both make me proud!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Aww look at little Katie and Bekah. :)
- Jill