Friday, May 6, 2011

Another Keepsake Box

I made another Keepsake Box full of cards (25 total) for a fundraiser. This one is for a relative (DH's third cousin) who was injured in a car accident and is currently in rehab. The silent auction is next weekend at the end of a Prayer Run. Here is a link to the facebook page for the fundraiser, Prayers for Bethany and Corey Prayer Run

(Bethany is the cousin, Corey is a young man who was in the same hospital as her and had a very similar injury. The families have supported each other through their recoveries)


This is the box. I wanted to use the retired Kaleidoscope designer series paper since her favorite color is lime green and Green Galore is the closest I had to that. It was a great opportunity to use up some retired card stock too (Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, Only Orange and Apricot Appeal)


Here are three of the cards. I did not have any Only Orange ribbon but the Peach Parfait (current IN color) matched what was in the paper so I used that. I love the bold colors and flowers on the papers.

Some of the paper was just pink - so I made a couple cards with that. These both use two-step stamp sets (Fast and Fabulous and Greenhouse Garden) They are fun to do and always look great!

More fun things to do with designer paper. It is so pretty that you don't need much else on the card.

Some of the Tempting Turquoise pieces in the pack. I included the tri-fold for some thing a little different.

The card on the left matches the box lid. These are probably my favorite pieces in that pack. It was fun designing the flower on the right. They remind me of my teen years - psychedelic. The punches around the edge make it look leather.


More interesting ways to use the designer paper - just a couple all purpose cards. A bright and cheery 'Hello'.

Some encrouaging verses. I thought about Bethany and her family a lot while making all these cards - praying continually.


Some more cut outs. The butterfly coordinates with the one on the paper - and it so easy with the Big Shot and die cut. The flower was designed to match the one on the stamp (Fast and Fun) and with the punches it was quick and easy too.

These cards are not as feminine as the others. Some of my favorites for kids.


Some more lime green (Green Galore). Again the designer paper makes the card so easy. The colors in the paper match the Stampin Up card stock and you just grab your colors and put it together.



A couple more fun cards. The summer stamp set is an old one I got on E-Bay. Not even sure of the name. I always love making the pinwheel in the center. The designer paper goes a long way on those! And the patchwork one on the right is another great way to use up those scraps of designer paper or card stock.
Hope you enjoyed looking at the cards - and praying they do well in the silent auction. Prayers for Bethany, Corey and their families.

No comments: