Saturday, January 15, 2011

DSP Workshop

I am hosting a DSP (Designer Series Paper) Workshop on 1/21 and 1/24. It's called "Half Sheet Wonder".(Check out my Calendar for details - Mary's Stampin Up Calendar ) Each participant receives a half-sheet of DSP (their choice of what I have available) and the coodinating card stock and embellishments to make 9 cards. Cost is $15.00 which also includes the template for cutting the DSP and general instructions for all 9 cards.
Last night and this afternoon I played with a couple different sheets of DSP to make some samples. What fun! I cut all the DSP and sorted it by card design. Some of the DSP required alterations to the original design but that is part of the fun :-)


This is the original set of 9 cards I made with a sheet of retired Georgia Peach. I tried to use a variety of stamp sets, tools and techniques.


This is another sheet of the retired Georgia Peach. I altered a couple just to give the participants some options.
Here I used a sheet of retired Tall Tales DSP. It coordinates with Chocolate Chip, So Saffron and Old Olive. I did do one Regal Rose card just to show how you can switch things up a little.




I am also trying to use up a package of Bermuda Bay retired card stock and pulled out a sheet of the retired Throughly Modern DSP. I love the colors in this - Bermuda Bay, Rose Red, Sahara Sand and Soft Suede.



And to really shake things up I grabbed a sheet of First Edition. This paper and the Tall Tales were a challenge because the design has a definite top and bottom. This is the only set I made with current paper. First Edition is available through the Mini Occassions catalog and looks like pages from an encyclopedia or other reference book. I teamed it up with Basic Black, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler.



Stamp Sets: Herb Expression, Teeny Tiny Wishes

Tools: Scalloped Edge, Scallop Oval and Small Oval



Stamp Sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes and a non-SU set

but you could use the new Create A Cupcake stamp set and punch
or the Birthday Bakery stamp set with this idea.

Stamp set: I {Heart} Hearts

Tools: Scallop Edge Punch and Heart to Heart Punch


Stamp Set: Fast and Fabulous



Stamp Set: Birthday Bakery

Tools: Tag punches, both sizes, Corner punch (retired)



Stamp Set: Silhouette Sentiments
Tools: 3/4 inch circle punch

Stamp Set: After Thoughts

Tools: Curly Label punch
Stamp Set: Look Who's Turning


Stamp Set: Hello Again

When I finally came out of my craft room, guess who I found sitting in my chair?
He totally ignored me hoping I would leave him in peace.

Now - better get busy and get the instructions written up for the DSP workshop and the club cards for January. Busy days ahead!

3 comments:

Cindy Jenkins said...

Hi Mary,
Great cards!! Thanks for your comment.....we do feel blessed by the Lord to be able to provide a special place for my MIL.

Davina Wallace Allgrim said...

Great variety in your half sheet wonders! I'm following through Stampin Connection.
Davina
teadrinkingstamper.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow, that is awesome!

Following...

www.mysocalledlife-kjb.blogspot.com