Sunday, September 27, 2009

Scrapbook paper cards

These are some cards I made with scrapbook paper. I have a calendar 5 x 7 sheet of printed paper for each date so I thought I would use some of them up making cards since I don't do that much scrapbooking.

This is the first one I made. It will be for DH's brother-in-law who loves to golf. It is a tri-fold and opens like this:
I thought it turned out cute - and it is something different.


There was enough of the paper to make a second one to have on hand for a masculine card. I don't have many that are truly masculine so need to start building up my stock of those.

Here is another one that I made for my nephew. It is a camping lantern but I am pretending it is a lantern used on a train - he is an engineer.


And here is another using that paper. The two pictures in the center are on one piece of card stock - like the peppers in the card below.



This is for another relative (her birthday is in October) so SHHHHH! She makes salsa every summer and her kitchen is decorated with jalapenos.

This shows how the two peppers are 'connected'. They are on one pice of cardstock. To make these cards you cut a piece of cardstock 4 1/4 x 11. Score at 5 1/2 and 8 1/4. Fold on the score lines. Then add pieces of patterned paper (approx. 2 1/4 x 4) to the opposite ends. Glue the center piece to an appropriate piece of cardstock then attach to the card centered over the fold at 8 1/4 inch line.


No comments: