Thursday, September 24, 2009

Card fun

The past weekend was a busy card-making time. Seven of us (myself, sister-in-law, 4 nieces and a friend of one of my nieces) are in a Stampin' Up club. My sister is a SU Demonstrator so she does the club for us. We meet 7 times throughout the year and each one of us hosts a meeting. We are each committed to spend about $20 per meeting so the host gets the minimum hostess gift. The past weekend was my turn to host.

Here is what we made at the SU Club.

This one was fun - the tree is a neat stamp set and DD19 and I decided we just had to have it :-) Actually her card turned out better because she stamped her background darker so the snow on the tree branches shows up better.

This one was fairly quick and easy. It uses a new Ornament Punch and glitter paint. I designed the tops of the ornaments myself (always trying to outdo the others :-)
This is a slide card. You pull the ribbon on the tab and .......



Ta-da! The message appears along with our signature.

And we made bookmarks. This is the one DD19 made. We are going to make more of these for friends.

Since my sister was going to be here, I also had a 5x2 party. For that each person pays $10 to cover the supplies and they make 5 cards - 2 of each. So each person goes home with 10 cards - $1 each. There were 5 guests for that plus my niece and myself. A sixth lady could not make it but paid the $10 and asked me to make the cards for her since she would be out of town. So it went over pretty well. Here are the cards we made on Friday night. For these everything was cut and scored. We did the stamping, punching and taping. One guest made one card like the example then made up her own card for the second one. It was fun!

This is the Holy Triptych set. It was a fairly simple card but looks nice. It opens up from the center....



like this.

This was our Pumpkin Patch card. This one was a lot of fun and had the most 'customization' at the party.


This one was also fairly easy - except for tying the jute in the star :-)



And this one was nice - there was a variety of the double sided paper so everyone's looked different.

This one was everyone's favorite. It is a Thanksgiving card. A couple ladies ordered the Branch Out card set. It was fun doing the multi colored leaves.

So that got me feverish to make cards - so I have been busy doing just that for the past 4 days. I think I have made about 60 cards. I will have to buy more supplies soon :-) And that has me in the mood to send cards so maybe I can keep up with all the family birthdays and anniversaries. I will have to post some of my favorites on another day - time for bed!



2 comments:

Good Yarns said...

Nice cards Mary! I hope to make the next party! Thanks for showing us what can be done. The tree cards were my favorite too!
J Tucker

cavmary said...

We are planning one of the tree cards for Oct 15th too. Hope you can make it!