Monday, December 22, 2008

Menu Monday

Well, it is Monday so time to post the menus for the week. I did not keep to the menus a lot last week but still did okay - held my own weight-wise even though I actually dipped down and was back up a little this morning. At least I am not gaining with all the parties and goodies at work and church.
Monday - homemade pizza (froze some crusts from a couple weeks ago so this will be a breeze)

Tuesday - Cheeseburger Casserole
Green beans
Peaches

Wednesday - Easy Rosemary Shrimp
Baked Potato
Mandarin Oranges

Thursday - Salad
Bread pudding

Friday - Pork sausage
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Green Beans

Saturday - General Tsao's Chicken (WW recipe)
Rice
Stir fried vegetables

Sunday - Family Get-together - ham
Bread
Drinks

On Christmas Day we will go to DH's parents. DH's youngest brother mentioned a couple weeks ago that he had never had bread pudding so I offered to make him some for Christmas. He thought that sounded like a good idea. I have a good crock pot recipe for it and the lemon sauce.
On Friday we will have our traditional pork sausage and gravy dinner for my older sister. Every time she comes to visit us in the Midwest we have pork sausage and gravy so we can eat gravy bread.
Sunday will be my family's Christmas get-together at our house this year. I will cook the ham and make some dinner rolls and everyone else will bring the side dishes. That evening we will have sandwiches and chips - and leftovers from lunch. Several family members are planning to spend the night so I plan to make waffles and breakfast sausage the next morning. I doubt I will keep my weight where it is now but I know I can make up for that after the new year. My mini-goal was to not gain any weight over the holidays and I have actually lost a couple pounds so I figure I can gain a couple and still achieve my goal :-)

I'll leave you with a picture of tree #3 in our home. This is in DD#2's bedroom.

No comments: