Saturday, January 16, 2016

Dino-mite Cards

I've been busy making cards - and it feels good!  Haven't been spending much time in the craft room lately and I am running low on birthday and anniversary cards.  So today I spent several hours playing with some of my new toys.

The first as the No Bones About It stamp set.  It is a fun set with lots of  two step designs.  The photopolymer stamps make it so easy.


 I got the idea for this card on Pinterest.   There are SO MANY card ideas there.   I have several boards of pinned ideas.   The colors are Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Elegant Eggplant, Garden Green and Tangelo Twist.



While making the pieces for the first card, I went ahead and made duplicates.  Didn't want to make the same card so here is a different design.




And one with a balloon.  The card base is Island Indigo and the balloon is Pool Party.  



And how adding a star. 


For this one I used the Botanical Garden Vellum - free during Sale-a-bration.  The leaf design in the vellum shows up well against the Island Indigo card stock. I also used Pear Pizzazz and Night of Navy.  I stamped on the vellum with Tuxedo Blank Memento ink.  

 Another idea from Pinterest.  This one uses a circle of vellum stamped with the dinosaur body overlad on the skeleton piece.   The vellum is attached with a mini brad so you can slide is off .....




and there are the bones.   Who knew dinosaurs could be so much fun?  I certainly had a good time with these. 



No comments: