I bought kits to make many of the ornaments in the early years. In 1987, I bought kits for styrofoam wreaths. There were at least 6 different designs (always tried to have at least 6 designs since one of the family had 6 members and I wanted them to all be different). I don't remember what many of them were but do recall one used whole cloves that were stuck into the styrofoam. Many of these did not hold up very well. Over the years we have become more selective. We not only look for durability but also try to find a way to date the ornament.
|1987 Styrofaom Wreath|
The next year, 1988, I got married in November so did not have a lot of time to work on ornaments. I found some small card stock boxes to assemble and put a few tic-tac mints inside. I don't have a photo of those and I did not keep mine.
1989, was even busier. We had our first daughter in December, just 9 days before Christmas. Jane and I collaborated on these grapevine wreaths. Each cross stitch design was unique.
|1989 Grapevine Wreath|
I found kits for these cute penquins that were very similar to the snowmen from 1983. They had red or green caps and scarves. I decided 1990 would be the last year since I had a 1 year old and was expecting our second daughter. My sisters volunteered to help so we began planning the ornaments together and dividing the work.
|1990 Knitted Penquins|
|1991 Cross Stitch Gift Bags|
|1992 Quilt Square Pillow|
|1993 Jigsaw Puzzle Piece Wreath|
|1994 Victorian Buildings|
|1995 Wooden Stocking Cutouts|