Sunday, December 20, 2015

Evolution of a Christmas Card

When I designed our Christmas cards,  I rarely use the first card I make but make some revisions before settling on the final design.  2015 was no different.

 I started with this card.

I used a new die (edgelit) to cut out the houses on the hillside.  Using the star punch, I cut lots of stars from silver foil paper.  Even with the new fine tip glue pen, I had trouble getting the stars placed in the sky and it was going to take way too long to do 120+ cards.  So I made a modification - and came up with this.

Final card fron

Instead of the silver punched out stars, I used the star embossing folder and covered the whole card front with the embossed stars.


Original inside
For the inside, I started using a full 5 x 3 3/4 rectangle, but as I was cutting with the dies to get the row of houses for the front, I decided to take a rectangle of paper that was 5 x 3 3/4 and cut the bottom for the front of the card and keep the top of the rectangle for the inside of the card.


Final inside

This created a second row of houses - like shadows this time.

And to share the good news with anyone who has not heard,  our grandson was born on 12/7/15.  He and Mommy are doing well.

Baby Derek

No comments: