Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thankful for....

A couple days ago I started posting a photo on Facebook of things I am thankful for - one per day.  I am trying to think of things outside of the usual like family, friends, home, job - of course, I am thankful for them but I want to stretch myself a little and think beyond the obvious.
So far I am thankful for ...
icy cold drinks in aluminum cups.  Remind me of my childhood.  We had these cups and they were so old and worn that the color was almost gone.  Nothing like them on a hot day - the condensation on the outside is refreshing to the touch and the cold beverage is refreshing to the taste.

Also thankful for...

shade trees.  This one is in West Virginia and was between the houses we worked on last week.  It was a very welcome relief from the intense sun and heat. Thank you God for providing it.

Then our AC broke and I was thankful for....

a cool breeze.  Summer breeze, makes me feel fine.    Buddy likes the breeze too.

Today I am thankful for
photos.  This one is of my maternal grandparents.  All 4 of my grandparents had died before I was born so photos are the only way I have of knowing what they looked like.   The last to die was my maternal grandmother, Mary (Mamie) who died in April before I was born in June.  That's how I got my name.  I am so thankful for photos and the technology of today.  Photos are instantly viewed and shared by others all over the world.

What are some things you are thankful for?

2 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm so thankful for my husband!! He makes me smile everyday and keeps me grounded. Plus he "makes me" order SU goodies on a regular basis, lol! What's not to love about a man like that??

I loved this post!

Mary Cavalier said...

Jeannie - Love your comment. I haven't been doing a photo every day (some things just can't be photographed) but have kept up with something to be thankful for. Your hubby is a keeper!