Friday, January 20, 2012

Homemade Pizza - my favorite!

I love making homemade pizza and it is really easy to mix up the dough in the bread machine. My daughter requested whole wheat pizza crust so thought I would give it a try it this week. I found a recipe online here



The dough was very easy to work with. The recipe says it will make two 14 inch crusts but I got 3 crusts and one of them is really thick so may have been able to get another smaller one.


My favorite pizza toppings are fresh vegetables. I really like carmelized onions on my pizza so I cooked up some sliced onion and added some red bell pepper. I did not have any fresh mushrooms, so I added some canned ones (a poor substitute but you do what you gotta do).


That was all topped with some slices of provolone cheese. YUMMY!



On the other two crusts my daughter used pepperoni slices, canned mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. Both pizzas were delicious! (I ate too much)

No comments: