Thursday, May 6, 2010

Upcoming workshops

Here is a preview of some of the projects and a card for my upcoming workshops. I am having a scrapbook workshop on May 10 and May 29 where you can make a two-page layout of your choice of a Christmas or Easter theme.

The Christmas theme is a string of lights made using the Five-Petal Punch, Window Punch and the Swirls and Scribbles die cut. It it time-consuming but well worth it.
I cased this idea from Nicky Foden


Here is a closeup of the lights.



The Easter theme has a punch art rabbit and chick with lots of DSP eggs. I cased this from a design done by Lynsey Allerd. I used different punch art but the idea came from her.


I love the punch art and there are so many bunny ideas floating around the Stampin Up web that I had a hard time choosing which to do. This one could be done with the punches I already had - so it was a winner.



This "bunny-wanna-be" chick is so cute - and simple.


This card is a prototype of one we will be making at my next card party. I cased it from a swap I received at the Milwaukee regional from Stephanie Hendricks. It could be used for welcoming a new baby, showering an expectant mom or celebrating a first birthday. I used the Love Bugs hostess set and watercolor pencils for the images, covering them with Crystal Effects for a special gloss. The punch is the Curly Label. The card stock colors are Certainly Celery, Ballet Blue and Pixie Pink. The ribbon colors are Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery. The card we will make at the parties on May 20, 21 and 25 is a little different (I haven't finalized the design yet :-) but very similar to this one.

If you would like more details about the scrapbook or card parties, let me know. There is always room for one more :-)

No comments: