Monday, May 24, 2010

Decorated mirrors

A few weeks ago, our family 'Stampin Up Club' celebrated the end of our year with a visit to my sister's apartment to play with all her toys. A couple weeks before that 5 of us were shopping at an IKEA store and found some decorative mirrors with wide wooden frames and thought they would be fun to personalize with our own special touch. So when we were all together that is exactly what we did.


This is the one I did using Cottage Wall designer paper, Heard from the Heart stamp set, Five Petal Punch and the Trio Flower punch. I used the faux suede technique on the squares behind the sentiment. The flowers in the lower right were cased from some other demonstrators and are so easy!


This one was made by DD #1 - she did not get the 'craft' gene in the family but did a great job on this. It will look nice in their apartment. The stamp set she used were Upsy Daisy. (I don't know which set she used for the verse).


DD #2 did this one. When we got home she modified the ribbon somewhat but this picture was taken before that.
It was a great time and a fun way to spend a "girls' weekend". Several of my SU customers want to make one so guess I will be scheduling a workshop in July (Have to wait until after June 26th as I will be a little busy until then).

No comments: