Saturday, January 30, 2010

Masculine Cards

I always have trouble designing masculine greeting cards and was recently challenged by a member of our SU Card Club to come up with some. After help from an online friend, I have found one way that I like to make masculine cards. All the supplies listed are from Stampin Up.
Using the designer series paper (DSP) I made this birthday card. The DSP is cut in squares and arranged on the card front - then the sentiment is attached using dimensionals. The papers used on this one are from the Merry Moments, Autumn Traditions and Close to Cocoa DSP packets I used Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and More Mustard card stock,the Teeny Tiny Words stamp set and Chocolate Chip ink. Punches used were the Wide Oval and Small Oval.

Another that I made used the Close to Cocoa DSP, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, and Taken with Teal card stock, Teensy Tiny stamp set and Chocolate Chip ink. Punches used were the Wide Oval, Small Oval and Designer Label.

So then I tried something a little different. This one also used the Merry Moments and Autumn Traditions DSP, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla and More Mustard card stock, Teeny Tiny words stamp set and the Wide oval, Small oval and Designer label punches. I added the Sahara Sand card stock - that is my current favorite 'neutral' color.
And one more - this one uses the same as the first one with the addition of the Out of the Box stamp set. What man can resist cupcakes ?
It was fun playing with the different colors and designs in the DSP - flipping them over and rearranging them - the possibilities are endless :-) And it is a good way to use up some scraps.

No comments: