Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Accordion Fold Cards

Saw a video on this at Shall We Stamp and had to try it.

 Here are the two cards I made. The one on the left was the first and I used the dimensions from the video.  The other is my own dimensions.

 Using the dimensions from the video.

 Here is the card expanded. I tried to cut the DSP so it all matched up but made an error so just put them on as I could. I wasn’t found of the skinny strips on the three folded sections so started figuring out how to use the full 11 inches of a piece of card stock.


 Here is my modified card using 4 1/4 by 11 inch piece of cardstock. I scored it at 1 1/4,  2, 2 3/4, 3 1/2, 7 1/2, 8 1/4, 9, 9 3/4.   Once the card is folded it is a really tight fit in the envelope because of the added bulk.  The next ones I make will use 4 x 11 inch piece of cardstock so the card will fit better.
The DSP is cut 1/8 inch less than the sections.  I will do a tutorial and add all the dimensions there.

 Here is my card opened and if you look closely the design is all lined up between the sections. That took a little caution when cutting the DSP and keeping them all lined up but it was worth it to get that continuity in the finished product.

This is the note area on the back of the card. 

And I wanted to share my painted storm door.  


I used a recipe I found on Pinterest for the paint.  Of course I modified it a little 😊
I used 2/3 cup flour,  2/3 cup of water, and 1/3 cup Dawn detergent. I divided into 6 cups of a muffin pan and added paste food color.  


This is the inside of the glass where I taped the window and painted.  I used makeup wedge sponges to do the painting and the muffin pan was perfect as I could place the sponges in the empty cups. I dabbed the paint on the glass but had some of it too thick and it kept running.  I had to keep dabbing it with paper towels to keep them from running together.  
Once dried a little I removed the tape.  


No comments: