Friday, June 15, 2018

Weight loss journey

Okay - I’m getting serious about losing a few pounds. I started Weight Watchers online over a year ago and have lost and gained over those months. Currently I’m about 5 pounds under what I was when I started.  So my plan is to document my progress, meals and exercise.

First the exercise- I’ve been using virtual races at yes.fit to motivate me.  In the last week I have ridden almost 50 miles in the stationary bike, completing 2 races. Cinderella with a cute blue t-shirt that says ‘Cinderella is proof the right pair of shoes can change your life’. Also completed King Arthur with a bright red t-shirt saying ‘Straight outta Camelot’. My next one is Edgar Allen Poe’s The Telltale Heart and the shirt says ‘If you still think me mad, you will think so no longer’. I have learned that 30 minutes of high intensity earns me more WW points than 60 minutes of medium intensity. So I’ll be pushing myself more to increase the intensity.
I’ve also been planning and tracking my meals.  I have to plan out the day’s meals and snacks - and stick to them - if I want to be successful. I’ve been using some of the Wildtree freezer meals from the Get Your Grill On workshop.

Tonight's supper was Lemon Pepper Balsamic Chicken,  Roasted Zucchini and a pre-packaged salad. 7 points - and most of those points were from the salad!  Have to watch those pre-packaged dressings. Had enough points left this evening to have some potato chips and dip made with light sour cream.  And I weighed out 1 oz of the potato chips - hard as that was.  I noticed I was inhaling them so forced myself to stop about halfway through the chips and then ate one at a time, pausing after each chip.  I did lick the last of the dip off the plate - every bit! 


Last night part of supper was my own creation - Cranapple Waldorf Salad.  It was pretty good - lettuce, scallions, apples, dried cranberries and a mayo based dressing using Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar. Topped with some glazed walnuts.  3 points!


The salad was a side for the Sage Citrus Pork Roast and Birds Eye Steamfresh Black Rice and Edamame Superfood.  The frozen vegetables and rice mix is actually meant to be one serving but we split it three ways.  The whole meal was 11 points (pork alone was 7) but by making some free food choices for the other meals it was okay.


Breakfast yesterday was only 5 points.  Scrambled eggs with peppers, tomato, scallion, Canadian bacon, and provolone cheese.  Completed the meal with cantaloupe and wheat toast.

Earlier this week I made Chipotle Lime Shrimp with Minute Rice Medley and Roasted Asparagus.  I thickened some of the marinade for the shrimp to serve over the rice since it is plain.
This was 7 points.


And here is my find for the week.  This Canadian bacon is only 2 points per serving - and a serving is 22 slices (these are small slices like pepperoni for pizza).  I only used 6 slices in my eggs.  I like these grabbing a few slices for a snack too.



No comments: