Sunday, February 16, 2014

So tired of winter!

So tired of winter - can't wait for some spring like temps later this week but first have to get through freezing rain tonight and tomorrow morning.  YUCK!

I do like to cook more during the winter months though - sometime so comforting about a big pot of soup on the stove or something in the oven warming up the whole kitchen.

Last week I made a big pot of Italian Sausage Pasta Soup.  Lots of fresh vegetables, turkey sausage and pasta.  How can you go wrong! 


And some homemade veggie pizza.  Whole wheat crust, caramelized onions, and sweet mini peppers.   I've made that several times in the last month and just added whatever veggies - like fresh mushrooms, fresh spinach or even sliced tomatoes in place of the sauce.

I've also been making omelets more frequently.   Our family book club read "My Life in France" by Julia Child and someone found some You Tube videos they shared.  One was how to make a French Omelet.  My pan is a little bit smaller but works very well with one egg.

I have not had a lot of time in the craft room but here are a few cards I made recently.


This card uses the Banner Blast stamp set and the Banner punch. Both are available free during Sale-a-bration.   Colors are Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe and Coastal Cabana.

This one used the Afternoon Delight Designer Series Paper paired with the colors, Coastal Cabana, Soft Suede, Wisteria Wonder, and Crushed Curry.

 
And this is my favorite project lately - a valentine for my granddaughter to give to her daddy. 
Stay warm everyone - spring is just around the corner or at least that is what I keep telling myself

No comments: