Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Paper Pumpkin and a Vacation Day - Perfect Combination

I took a vacation day today because the Maytag repairman had to come fix our washer and lucky for me - my September Paper Pumpkin arrived.   I had spent the whole day in the craft room but still had to open the kit and check it out. 

Here's what I received


Everything needed to make 4 cards, with everything precut or ready to punch out.   Even a half sheet of dimensionals (and I only used about half of those).   I pretty much kept to the design included in the kit.

The card on the far right is the original design.  I made it then decided to change it a little and made the card on the far left.   When putting the little chevron punch-outs on that card it hit me - wouldn't it be cute to 'hit the target'.  so I did the middle two cards with that in mind.   In no time I had 4 congratulations cards made and ready to use.  And they even included the envelopes. 
I not only had half the dimensionals left but I omitted the twine around the WAHOO piece on two of the cards and had quite a bit of that left too.  Plus I now have a WAHOO! stamp and a small YOU DID IT! stamp that can be used for all sorts of things. 

Some other things I made today....

 
I was asked if I could make a bookmark for a book-themed birthday party for a friend's 2 year-old daughter.  She had the quote and wanted a stack of books at the bottom.  I did not have a 'book' stamp but had seen some punch art books so took a stab at it.  I printed the words on regular paper and trimmed them down - then added the punch art books and put it on a strip of card stock to make it sturdier.  Added a little bit of ribbon and - too cute!
 
 
 I went through my Pinterest pins and picked out some cards to try.  This one had Smoky Slate card base with another piece of Smoky Slate embossed and sponged layered on top.  I like the look.  The flower is Crisp Cantaloupe and the leaves are Pistachio Pudding.  


And I played around with my Oval Framelits and some sponging.   I cut a smaller oval and positioned it over the oval shaped image and sponged with some Cherry Cobbler to make a frame for the image..  The larger oval and the image are Baked Brown Sugar.  The card base is Old Olive.    This could be used for any occasion but would make a cute Christmas card.
Guess what I did with the smaller oval that I used to mask when sponging the frame.....

 
 
made another card, of course.  I used the Chevron embossing folder for the Old Olive background and the Circle Framelits to layer the DSP on Cherry Cobbler. 
Chevrons are really popular right now and Stampin Up has plenty to play with.  More of that tomorrow....



No comments: