Thursday, September 26, 2013

Faux Patina Technique

I have seen many examples of the faux patina technique and have been wanting to try it for a while.  Someone asked me to make an anniversary card for 7 years - which is copper - so I had a good reason to do some patina.
This one has a strip of the faux patina with some crocher trim. The card stock used is Early Espresso, Always Artichoke, and Crisp Cantaloupe.  The stamp is from Simply Sketched.


The patina hearts are layered on Cajun Craze and arranged on Always Artichoke, Early Espresso and Crisp Cantaloupe with a Crumb Cake seam binding bow.

These three hearts are mounted on Early Espresso and then arranged on Always Artichoke, Early Espresso and Baked Brown Sugar.

Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar and Crisp Cantaloupe.  A little extra with the embossing on the front and...

some pop-up hearts inside.   I really enjoy making the pop-up cards.  I hope people enjoy getting them as much.

Some Calypso Coral, Early Espresso and Island Indigo for this card.   The hearts on a Very Vanilla ribbon and then you open the card and...

the ribbon falls out with more hearts attached.  Just another fun card.  I'm not sure any of my patina experiments really look like tarnished copper - but it was fun and it gives a special touch to the cards. 

No comments: