Monday, July 4, 2011

New Tutorial Posted - Explosion Card

I dug out some of the past Stampin Club cards for my July 1 Open House and came across this Explosion Card we made last fall at one of the clubs. It is so much fun to make - so decided I needed to make a few today. I have posted a tutorial in case you would like to try one, Explosion Card

This one used the French Foliage stamp set that was in the Holiday Mini Catalog last fall. I am so glad that stamp set is in the new catalog - I get to use it for more clubs and workshops! The colors are Old Olive, More Mustard and Bravo Burgundy - a rich combination.


Today I was determined to use some of my retired ribbons to make room for the new ones. This is some Blue Bayou ribbon. I have the ink but none of the card stock - so I made some using a brayer and the ink pad. I used the So Many Stars builder roller on Pool Party for one section.



Here it is opened - I used the Happy Moments (retired) happy birthday stamp for one section and the Seeing Stars stamp set (retired) for another. Sail Away was used for the focal point on the card.


This one used Lap of Luxury DSP. The card stock used is Elegant Eggplant, Pretty in Pink and Very Vanilla. I used stamps from the Happy Moments (retired) and Bring on the Cake sets.


Here is the open card.


This one uses the Hope and Strength stamp set from the summer mini. For each set sold during the campaign, Stampin Up will donate $2 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

The colors are Night of Navy, Pumplin Pie and Cherry Cobbler.



The flower is from the Posy Punch set and punched with the Fancy Flower punch. The Pumpkin Pie DSP and striped ribbon are from the clearance rack last fall.


And finally the Celebrations DSP (retired) which I used for tutorial. Colors are Real Red, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi and Bashful Blue. The stamps are from the Bring on the Cake set, colored with markers.




The striped ribbon was also from the clearance rack.

No comments: