Monday, July 4, 2011

Bye Bye Blue Bayou

I have lots of retired ribbon and told myself I need to use up some of it before purchasing any new (yeah, right!). Anyway, I had some Blue Bayou ribbon and ink - but no card stock - so had to come up with some ideas for using that.

This explosion card used Pool Party card stock. I took some Whisper White and inked it with the Blue Bayou using the brayer. It worked well. This is the Sail Away stamp from the summer mini - did I tell you how much I love that stamp!


This is Thoughts and Prayers. I used Cajun Craze and More Mustard with the Blue Bayou. I really like this color combo (as you will see in some of the other cards)



For this one I got out some of the Blueberry Crisp DSP (retired) and combined it with Sahara Sand and Not Quite Navy.



This is the same paper with Happy Moments stamp set.


And here is that Cajun Craze and More Mustard combo again with Sail Away.


And one more - this one uses Garden Greenhouse and Bring on the Cake stamps. This was the last of my ribbon - almost wish I had more so I could make more of these cards. I'm sure I can find another ribbon to use one some. I am thinking Indigo Island would look nice with these colors as well.

No comments: