Sunday, October 10, 2010

Blog Candy winner and Technique for November

The winner of the blog candy is Jill - lucky # 7 - thanks to everyone who posted a comment.
Congratulations Jill!

This is a new technique I tried called Faux Tearing. If is really fun! I will be featuring this technique at the Technique Tuesday in November.
Stamp Set - Fast and Fabulous, Herb Expressions
Card Stock - Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso

This one really looks like torn paper, doesn't it. It is just ink and stamps on the whisper white card stock.
Stamp Set: French Foliage, Herb Expression
Card Stock:Tangy Tangerine, Whisper White, Early Espresso
Ink: More Mustard, Tangy Tangerine, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Almost Artichoke
Tools: Scallop Circle Punch, Brayer
Ribbon: 1/4 inch taffeta Early Espresso

This is the card we will make at the Technique Tuesday in November - Check out my calendar page for details
Stamp Set: French Foliage, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock:Tangy Tangerine, Whisper White, Early Espresso
Ink: More Mustard, Tangy Tangerine, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Almost Artichoke
Tools: Word Window Punch,Modern Label Punch, Brayer
Ribbon: 1/4 inch taffeta Early Espresso

This is the technique I am thinking of doing in December - vitalized vellum. For the two cards I used the same technique with Cherry Cobbler ink but one is placed on the card ink side up and the other is ink side down. Interesting! Which do you like better? I like the one on the right myself in person - they look a little different in the photo.

Stamp Set: Delightful Decorations, Christmas Greetings
Card Stock: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Vellum cardstock
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White craft ink
Tools: Ornament Punch, Scallop Edge Punch

2 comments:

Jill said...

Yay, this made my night! Thanks!
I guess now I can't say I never win anything - especially since I won one of your monthly drawings once too. :)

Jill said...

P.S. The faux tearing looks so REAL!