Saturday, July 17, 2010

May SU Club


These are the cards we made today at Stampin Club #1's meeting. Several were unable to make it but we had a lot of fun and introduced a new friend to stamping :-)


This was the masculine card (I try to do a masculine one at each club). This is a Tangerine Tango base with Early Espresso which is polka-dot embossed. I ran the scissors blade along the edges to 'rough it up' and put it so the 'bumpy side' is against the card base. I thought that looks more masculine. I used the Newsprint DSP, tearing on the diagonal and then sponging with Early Espresso. The sentiment is from Perfect Punches and I used Early Espresso ink on Tangerine Tango. I punched the sentiment and a piece of Cajun Craze using the wide oval and placed them like the Cajun Craze was a shadow.


For this card I used the new embossing folder, Vintage Wallpaper, on the Early Espresso. The card base is Daffodil Delight (one of my favorite colors!). I stamped the Cute by the Inch images on the Daffodil Delight also and put it on the scalloped squares of Greenhouse Gala DSP. The ribbon is 1/8 inch taffeta in Daffodil Delight (Did I say I loved this color?).


Here is another card using the Greenhouse Gala DSP. The card stock is Peach Parfait and Pear Pizzazz. I used the Baby Tees stampin' wheel (a favorite!) and Basic Gray ink then colored in the design with the Stampin Write markers. Pear Pizzazz and Peach Parfait are two of the new IN colors. The ribbon is Whisper White organza.


This was a little bonus for the club today. I got several of the new DSP papers this week and just had to play with them. I used the Big Shot to cut a scalloped envelope of Sahara Sand. The mini-card is Pacific Point with a layer of Blueberry Crisp. The Silhouette Sentiment stamp set is a perfect size for this mini card. I used Not Quite Navy ink and stamped off (stamped several times without re-inking). I punched the corners with the ticket corner.

No comments: