Monday, March 6, 2017

Cooking and Pearls

I'll gotten serious about cooking again.  I have been pretty lazy this winter and not really planned my menus, just grabbed something from the freezer.  And at least once (usually twice) a each week we have picked up something.  And my clothes are telling me it is time to stop that nonsense and plans some healthy meals.  So I've been browsing Pinterest and Wildtree and have a plan for this week at least. 

 Last night was Pork Medallions and Mushrooms.  Sliced pork tenderloin is browned in a skillet while mushrooms are roasting in the oven.  Both are combined in a the oven with some Wildtree Piccata Sauce.   Served over rice and I make some quick and easy frozen broccoli for our side.
It was a big hit!

Another Wildtree meal tonight - Sweet Onion Chicken and Spinach Salad.   This is from the Easy Breezy freezer meal workshop.  The chicken cooked in the crockpot with sliced onions and the Wildtree Sweet Onion Dressing.  Served it on a bed of spinach with diced apples, yellow pepper, scallions and bacon.  Top with a little more of the Sweet Onion dressing and had a couple Cheese Twists on the side (my daughter helped make those using canned pizza crust). 

I've also developed a fondness for an online pearl harvesting show - Shuck It is the name of the company.  People order the pearls - sight unseen - and the ladies shuck the oysters on a live feed.  It is really fun to watch.  There are several but Shuck It is my favorite. You prepay for the number of oysters you want - discounts on larger orders.  They let you know what evening they will be opening your oyster.  I never realized there were so many natural oyster colors. These are not dyed like some are.   

 This is a screen print from my phone of some one person had purchased.  The lower right is a dark lavendar - not very common.   These were all for the same person.  In the center column, the two side by side were from the same oyster - twins!   If you happen to get twins in your oyster, it's a bonus.   And if the oyster is empty, they pull another one for you.  I have watched several times and have never seen an empty one.  There are a good number of twins though.


The bottom one here is called a 'gold nugget'.  It was such a dark gold and it very rare.  The gal that was shucking just kept saying "Oh my malanta!".  She couldn't get over how dark it was.  
It's really fun to see what each person gets.  

No comments: