Saturday, April 9, 2016

PJ Masks party theme

It's birthday time for the granddaughter - she's 3!  Her choice for the theme is PJ Masks.  I knew nothing about them.  Evidently they are a kids' show.  I spent most of the day in my craft room making party goodies.


I found some printables on Pinterest and got some assistance from my sister.  I saw a banner on Pinterest that used a sunburst type shape but I do not have the sunburst framelits.  My sister does and she cut the shapes from Gumball Green (Gecko), Real Red (Owlette), and Pacific Point (Catboy). Also some smaller white ones for the middle of the banner pieces.   A couple weeks later I decided I needed some sunbursts to make cupcake picks so once again she came through, cut the shapes, and mailed them. 


For the cupcake picks, I used toothpicks.  I wish I had picked up a box of flat ones because the round ones were a little harder to work with.   I put some Tombow glue on the back of the circle and place the toothpick on the glue.  I added a piece of transparent tape just for reinforcement.


 I turned them over and added the printables which I had punched with the 1 1/2 circle punch.   I added a couple dimensionals to the back and....


put them on the sunburst circle.   They turned out pretty cute !  They will be just the right touch !


The banner is made with sunbursts in a couple different sizes.  I used a regular circle layered between 2 sunburtss.


 H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y - Makes the banner pretty long.  I like the bright colors -very festive! And while I had everything out, I made a couple cards.



I used some of the printables and did a bi-fold card.  The 3 heroes are helping me wish a happy birthday to the sweetest little girl I know.


This shows how the card opens.  


I had to try another card that I saw recently.   The original was 4 sides but I tried with 3.  It turned out great!  When putting it in the envelope you can flip the center circle around several times before putting it in the envelope, when the recipient opens it the center circle will spin.

I printed some lifesize masks to make props for a photo booth area at the party.  I have Owlette, Catboy, Gecko, "Birthday Girl" word bubble, "3", and a couple lightning bolts.  I'll have to post some photos after the party.



These cards were still laying on my desk so I added some envelope liners.  I love the stacked coffee cup design.


No comments: