Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Cards and re-using calendar pages

Just a few cards I made this weekend.   In December, the Paper Pumpkin was a calendar - individual pages for each month on a nice wire easel.  So what to do with those pages after the month has ended?  I couldn't just throw them away.   February was on a beautiful background of violets.  


So, I removed the month which was adhered with dimensionsals and that left a couple torn spots on the paper.  No problem - I just had to arrange my card so those were covered.


For this one I used Blackberry Bliss and Old Olive as they seemed to match the card.   Pretty simple but love the colors.


 And then I wanted an accent color and just hap
pened to have So Saffron on the table from another project.  I wanted the birdhouse to stand out so I stamped it on a second piece of Whisper White and cut it out with a small circle punch (maybe 1/2 inch) and popped it on with a dimensional.


While I was playing I wanted to try a card based on one I saw on Pinterest.   The original had used a pale pink, medium pink and dark pink.  I couldn't come up with a combination of pinks that I liked and tried with Calypso Coral and Crisp Cantaloupe and liked those together.  
The ribbon is from Sale-a-bration several years ago - Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade.



Here is my version of the pleat card.  I have seen lots of these on Pinterest and decided it was time to try it.  Very easy and looks nice.  This one will be traveling around the Midwest in a Round Robin Shoebox party.  I will make up kits for 6 other cardmakers and send them to the first person.  She will make one of my cards and add her own kits to the box - then send to #3.  #3 will make the 2 cards in the box and add her own - and so on until #7 receives the box.  She will make my card (last kit) and all the others and add her own to the box before sending it to me. When I receive it, I will have 6 card kits to make some beautiful cards and will add a new card kit.  Wonder how long we can keep that going?


No comments: