Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas crafts

AllI've done a couple unexpected Christmas crafts and it's only Dec 2!  
The first was a new wreath for our porch. The old one had the red styrofoam berries on it and several years ago the birds had tried to eat then exposing the white styrofoam centers. It was looking pretty bad. 
And last year or the year before the lights on it stopped working. So while us was shopping on Dec 1 I found a plain lit wreath for under $10 and brought it home to decorate. 
All I had to do was add some ribbon. This is a candy stripe ribbon I had. I think it turned out cute. Simple but festive 

I was given the task for the second craft by my boss. This year they are asking each dept in the hospital and medical group to create an ornament inspired by the 'healing arts' to help us focus on the positive. I was automatically delegated. 
They gave us a flat acrylic disc and we could use whatever supplies we liked. 

Here is what I came up with. I work in Information Services and wanted something that was related to our dept. I cut it in pieces and taped the two ends together then covered my tape with the banner. 

And since the disc was clear the adhesive showed through on the back so I had to decorate it too 

I think it turned out pretty cute. We will all gather in the lobby next Monday and hang the ornaments on a tree. 

No comments: