Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pop-Up Card

Happy Sunday! What a beautiful crisp fall day here in the midwest.


Today I am showing you a card I made for a dear friend who has been hospitalized for several weeks. She is hoping to get home before Thanksgiving and I thought this card might perk her up. It sure perked me up making it. I had been in a sort of slump - mainly because I have been traveling so much lately. This card was just what I needed to get my hands on my 'toys' and get those creative juices flowing again.


I also experimented with a new idea I had for ribbon. I like the way the woven ribbon looks but think I would like it more if I used a ribbon that is wider than the holes and would actually gather some in the woven areas. I will have to play with that some more.





The sentiment on the inside 'pops-up' when you open the card. I used a tutorial at Split Coast Stampers.
Card Stock: Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Stamp Set: Thoughts and Prayers
Ink:Melon Mambo and Wild Wasabi Markers, Wild Wasabi ink pad
Ribbon: 1/8 inch taffeta Whisper White
Punch:Round Corner punch

No comments: